Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Early Spring Fishing on the MO


Word on the street is the Mo is fishing fairly well up at the dam. I'm not sure how accurate that is because I haven't been up there. I did spend a couple days floating from Craig down and it was tough. It's hard to gauge as fishing wasn't the sole purpose of the trip, and the little guy would just as soon net fish than fish for fish, so much of our time is spent getting blown around in circles while trying to man the boat and fish at the same time. It's the same story--wind, wind and more wind right now but I'm guessing that if you hit it just right, soon the midges will be bringing fish up and we can start taking advantage of targets.

I did get a chance to go out again on Sunday and again, the wind was howling and the sun was out. The fishing was tough, although we did manage to stick a couple on streamers. Again, the fishing kind of took a back seat as the learning curve with a new fishing buddy was steep and the beer in the cooler was very tasty.

I will be on the river more and more as the days get longer and the water temps start to rise; getting every chance to fish for myself before the season gets rolling. Keep 'em where they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment