Sunday, October 19, 2014

Boiling Point

I reached mine last night. Unfortunately, I came home and wrote about it but I since deleted the entry. I don't want to be portrayed in that light and I realize what happened was a mistake and I apologize to the Oasis for that.

A guide from out of town was in the bar talking about pheasant hunting the islands with his client. He's not an outfitter nor is he working for an outfitter with the appropriate license. He says the guy didn't pay him but the fact is, is he is getting paid to fish with him and if they stop off on an island to shoot birds, when does the guiding relationship end and just two friends hunting together begin?

These things are incredibly frustrating because it takes away from the experience of those people that are doing things legally and I let him know that. These guys come over here from wherever and compete on the river for the fishing, compete in the shops for days that take away from local guides, and now are shooting birds with clients in places we value pretty highly.

Not surprisingly, it wasn't received very well and he got in my face. There was a little pushing and a couple glasses were broke. Nobody got hurt.

Like I said, it's not something I'm proud of and honestly, I haven't had a physical confrontation with anyone in over twenty years. I don't go out seeking those situations. Again, I apologize to the O. As for the guide...

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment